Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tart
Adapted from the Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tart recipe on the Epicurious website.
9 (5 x 2.25-inch) chocolate graham crackers (not chocolate-covered), finely ground (1 cup)
5 Tbl unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
1.25 cups heavy cream
9 oz bittersweet chocolate (not more than 65% cacao if marked), chopped
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbl heavy cream
1.75 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 tsp light corn syrup
1 Tbl warm water
- Preheat oven to 350° F with rack in middle.
- Stir together all ingredients and press evenly onto bottom and 3/4 inch up side of tart pan.
- Bake until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack 15-20 minutes.
- Bring cream to a boil, then pour over chocolate in a bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Gently stir until smooth.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla, and salt in another bowl, then stir into melted chocolate.
- Pour filling into cooled crust.
- Bake until filling is set about 3 inches from edge but center is still wobbly, 20-25 minutes. (Center will continue to set as tart cools.)
- Cool completely in pan on rack, about 1 hour.
Bring cream to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until smooth. Stir in corn syrup, then warm water.
Pour glaze onto tart, then tilt and rotate tart so glaze coats top evenly. Let stand until glaze is set, about 1 hour.
Tart is best the day it is made but can be made, without glaze, 1 day ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before glazing.
Yield: 12 reasonably-sized slices
About 396 calories per slice