A Valentine’s Day gift made with love… and chocolate.
Dark Chocolate Truffle Hearts
6oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
5 Tbl heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbl corn syrup
8oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- In doubler boiler, melt 6oz chopped chocolate, stirring often.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of melted chocolate into each cavity of the silicone mold.
- Use your finger to coat the sides.
- Place the mold in the freezer for two minutes, allowing the chocolate to set.
- Combine cream and sugar in a small, heavy bottom pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, it comes to a boil.
- Add corn syrup, stir, and remove from heat.
- Add 8oz chopped chocolate slowly, stirring gently until melted.
- Set aside to cool completely
- In medium bowl, whip the butter.
- Gradually stir cooled chocolate into whipped butter until thoroughly combined.
- Fill chocolate coated molds almost full, but not quite. (Do not overfill!)
- Freeze for two minutes.
- Remove molds from freezer.
- Top each heart with a small amount of melted chocolate, covering the truffle completely.
- Return to freezer for a few minutes.
- Remove from freezer and carefully remove the hearts from the mold.
Makes about 36 hearts.
Approx. 97 calories each