If you love lemon pound cake, then this recipe is for you. Lots of butter, fresh squeezed-lemon juice and lemon zest, and buttermilk give it an unforgettable taste and texture that can’t be beat. I use the Original Bundt Pan, made of heavy duty aluminum. Adapted from the recipe Cruze Farm Buttermilk Poundcake.
Lemon Bundt Pound Cake
For the cake
3/4 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan
3/4 cup (5.13oz) Crisco
14.875 oz (3.5 cups) sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2.5 cups (17.5 oz) sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (8oz) buttermilk
2.5 Tbl lemon
For the glaze
2/3 cup (77 grams) confectioners sugar
2 Tbl lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan, tapping out excess flour.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl, cream the butter and shortening.
- Slowly drizzle in the sugar; cream the mixture well.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, adding the next when the last is fully incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- On low speed, mix in a third of the flour mixture until just combined.
- Add a third of the buttermilk, mixing until just combined. Repeat with the remaining flour and buttermilk.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Test after one hour.
- Bake until a cake tester comes out clean. The top of the cake will be lightly browned and the sides will shrink slightly from the pan.
- Cool for 20 minutes before inverting onto a cake platter.
- Stir together glaze ingredients and spoon over top and sides of cake.
Approx. 675 calories per serving