Homemade Ginger Cookie Recipe
These ginger cookies are unlike any other ginger cookie you’ve ever had. They’re soft and crispy, oh so buttery, with a soothing vanilla and ginger finish. When possible, serve them still warm from the oven (after cooling 10-15 minutes). This recipe was adapted from the recipe printed on the back of a bag of Melissa’s crystallized ginger.
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
7 oz sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 Tbl vanilla extract
2 Tbl ginger root, minced
10.625 oz all purpose flour
3 oz crystallized ginger, minced
- Cream together butter, sugar, and salt until creamy.
- Add eggs. Mix well.
- Add vanilla and ginger root. Mix well.
- Add crystallized ginger and flour to cookie dough.
- Drop heaping tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° F for 12 minutes.
Makes approximately 30 cookies (1 oz each)
Each ginger cookie is approximately 135 calories.