A single butternut squash yields about two tablespoons of seeds. Just as with pumpkins, these roasted butternut squash seeds make a tasty treat. Set aside the seeds next time you prepare butternut squash and have yourself a small and nutritious snack.
2 Tbl Butternut Squash Seeds
Scant 1/4 tsp olive oil
Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Remove seeds from squash and rinse with water.
- Pat dry.
- Remove strings and bits of squash from seeds.
- Place in a small bowl and stir in olive oil until seeds are evenly coated.
- Spreads in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Bake until seeds start to pop, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.
This Roasted Butternut Squash Seeds recipe yields two tiny servings.
Approximately 57 calories per serving.