Oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips meets Almond Joy. Chunky and crispy and really good. The taste is somewhat reminiscent of a granola bar, but it is much thinner and more buttery. This recipe is adapted from the one on 3191MilesApart.com website.
3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached white flour (whole wheat pastry flour works great as well)
1 tsp salt (I use Kosher flake salt)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (or substitute with more oats)
1 cup Special K or Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup 60% Cacao chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream butter and sugars with mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg.
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in oats, coconut, rice cereal and chocolate.
- Thoroughly stir wet and dry ingredients together.
- Drop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack.
This Oatmeal and Coconut Trail Cookie recipe makes 32 cookies at 25 grams each.
One cookie is approximately 136 calories.