This recipe was adapted from the one by Bobby Flay on the Food Network website. It’s a favorite in our house. Really delicious and relatively simple to prepare.
1.5 Tbl olive oil
3 cremini mushrooms, sliced in half
1 portobello mushroom, stem removed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 flour tortillas
3 cloves roasted garlic
4 oz fontina cheese, grated
1 Tbl finely chopped fresh thyme
1/2 Tbl white truffle oil
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush mushrooms with 1 Tbl olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from grill and coarsely chop.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Place 2 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread some of the roasted garlic puree on each.
- Divide the cheese among the tortillas, then the mushrooms and thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover with remaining tortilla, brush tops with olive oil.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake or until the tortillas are lightly golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and drizzle with white truffle oil.
- Serve with sour cream and tomato salsa on the side.
This recipes serves two.
Approximately 629 calories per serving. (Does not include the sour cream or tomato salsa.)