Easy assembly and cleanup: Campfire Apple Crisp
A great recipe when you crave eating a warm dessert around the campfire. The ingredients are easy to pack: combine raisins, sugar, oatmeal and cinnamon in a ziplock baggie. Apples travel well – so that just leaves the butter. Toss it all gently before wrapping in foil. Cleanup is easy too. This recipe was adapted from the Campfire Apple Crisp recipe on the LoveTheOutdoors.com website.
One apple chopped
1 Tbl raisins
1+ Tbl butter
2 Tbl brown sugar
2 Tbl quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 Tbl cinnamon
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Layout a square of aluminum foil, 12″ square is plenty big enough. Place the dry ingredients in the center of the foil and top with butter.
- Fold the sides over and pinch to seal the package.
- Place on a grate over the fire, or if you don’t have a grate, on the edge furthest from the flame.
- How long it takes to cook depends on the size of the apple chunks and the heat of the fire.
This recipe serves one person. If making this for more than one person, it is recommended that you make another package, rather than adding more ingredients to a single package. It will cook quicker, and is simpler to serve.