Simple and so good
As you can see from the photo, this is not a thick lemon tart. You can double the filling recipe if you like, but we think it’s perfect just the way it is. Adapted from David Lebovitz’s Lemon Tart recipe.
1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
Grated zest of one lemon
1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
6 Tbl (85 g) butter, salted or unsalted, cut into bits
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
One pre-baked 9″ tart shell
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the lemon juice, zest, sugar, and butter.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and yolks.
- When butter is melted, slowly add the warm lemon mixture it into the eggs, stirring/whisking constantly. Scrape the warmed mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low-medium, stirring constantly, until it thickens and almost begins to bubble around the edges.
- Pour the lemon curd though a strainer directly into the pre-baked tart shell, scraping with a rubber spatula to press it through.
- Smooth the top of the tart and bake for five minutes, to set the curd.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
Approximately 322 calories per serving of this lemon tart.