Seared Scallops with Kale over Pasta
Scallops with kale and parmesan cheese
This recipe is best with a long, thick noodle such as fettuccine, but it’s still terrific with thinner pasta. Adapted from the Seared Scallops with Fettuccine and Kale recipe on the A Food For Thought website.
1/3 lb kale, washed and stems removed
1/2 lb fettuccine or linguini
1/2 lb scallops
1 Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl unsalted butter
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbl parsley, chopped
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbl Parmesan cheese
- Slice kale leaves and set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to directions on box.
- Rinse then dry scallops with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter on high.
- When oil begins to smoke, add scallops and cook approximately 3 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip scallops and cook for another 1-2 minutes, then set aside on a plate.
- In same skillet, cook onions 1-2 minutes.
- Add the kale and garlic, season with salt and black pepper and cook another 4 minutes.
- Toss pasta with kale.
- Mix in parsley, lemon zest and salt and peppers.
- To serve Seared Scallops with Kale over Pasta, layer pasta, then kale, then scallops.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
Approximately 450 calories per serving of seared scallops with kale over pasta.