Grapefruit Tart Recipe
This grapefruit tart recipe was adapted from the one on Epicurious.com. It is fresh and light, and the presentation is stunning.
3 Tbl grapefruit juice, squeezed from membranes
8 oz homemade mascarpone cheese at room temperature
3 Tbl finely chopped candied ginger
4 Tbl confectioners sugar
9″ round tart pan with removable bottom
Pie weights. raw rice or beans
Part I: Preparing the tart shell
- Roll out dough, on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, into a 13″ disk.
- Set dough into tart pan, gently pressing dough to conform to pan. (If pastry breaks, use your fingers to press it back together).
- Trim excess dough, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang.
- Fold overhang inward. Press against side of pan.
- Use fork to lightly prick bottom of shell all over.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line shell with foil. Fill with pie weights, raw rice or raw beans.
- Bake 10 minutes in middle of oven.
- Carefully remove foil and weights.
- Return shell to oven and continue to bake 13-15 minutes more. Tart shell should be nicely golden
- Cool shell in pan on baking rack.
Part II: Preparing the tart filling
- Remove skin from grapefruit.
- Cut segments free from membranes.
- Squeeze 3 Tbl juice from membranes.
- Whisk together mascarpone, candied ginger, 2 Tbl grapefruit juice, and 2 Tbl confectioners sugar.
- Add remaining tablespoon juice if mixture is too thick.
Part III: Serving
- Spread ginger mascarpone evenly in tart shell.
- Top decoratively with fruit.
- Dust with remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar.
- Serve immediately.
This GrapeFruit Tart serves 12 people.
It is approximately 182 calories per serving.