Sweet Pastry Dough Recipe
This Sweet Pastry Dough recipe was adapted from the one on Epicurious.com. It takes about an hour and a half to complete, start to finish. It is very versatile, lightly sweet, and It makes enough for one 9″-10″ tart.
1 1/4 cups (150g) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 Tbl sugar
1/4 tsp salt
7 Tbl cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
1 large egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 1/2 Tbl ice cold water
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Blend flour and butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal with pea-size butter lumps.
- Beat together yolk, vanilla, lemon juice, and water with a fork.
- Stir into flour with fork until combined well.
- Gently knead with floured hands in bowl until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and gently knead 4 or 5 times.
- Form dough into a ball, flattened into a disk.
- Wrapped in plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour-2 days.
This Sweet Pastry Dough recipe makes enough for one 9-10″ tart.
Approximately 118.5 calories per serving, assuming the tart serves 12.