There is nothing better on nachos, tacos or a sandwich of any kind than Taquería-style pickled jalapeños and carrots. This recipe was adapted from the Epicurious.com website.
Pickled Jalapeño peppers and Carrots
1 lb jalapenos
1 lb carrots
1 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 red onion
- Bring vinegar and sugar to a slight simmer.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Turn heat down to as low as it’ll go.
- Cover and steep for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat.
- Store in airtight container.
This Pickled Jalapeños and Carrots recipe makes about 1.5 quarts.
Approx. 12 calories per tablespoon.