The Deconstructed Tuna Roll
Prep work for this Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl recipe can be done ahead. When you’re ready to serve, simply let the ingredients come to room temperature (takes about 30 minutes). The final step is plating. This recipe was adapted from the one on SkinnyTaste.
1/2 lb sushi grade tuna, cut into three-quarter-inch pieces
2 Tbl thinly sliced white onion
1/4 cup chopped scallions, greens and whites
1 Tbl soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp sriracha
1 ripe mango
1 Hass avocado
1/2 medium cucumber
1/2 Tbl rice wine vinegar
1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled to room temperature
2 Tbl chopped roasted Macadamia nuts
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Lime wedges, for serving
- Combine tuna with onion, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha.
- Gently toss to combine and set aside.
- Peel, seed and cube mango and avocado.
- Peel, halve, and thinly slice cucumber. Toss with 1/2 Tbl rice wine vinegar and a dash of salt.
- To prepare the bowls, place the rice at the bottom of the bowl and lean the other items in small, separate stacks.
- Top with Macadamia nuts and sesame seeds.
Serve with lime wedges.
This Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl recipes serves 2.
Approximately 506 calories per serving.