vanilla ice cream RECIPE USING THE KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment
This simple, basic, egg-free recipe makes delicious, creamy vanilla ice cream.
There are many reasons to use eggs when making ice cream at home. However, what if you don’t have any eggs on hand and you’re too lazy to go out? A recipe that doesn’t require eggs can be handy to have. And, since this recipe isn’t heated, you’ll spend less time waiting for the batter to cool.
1 cup heavy cream
1.25 cups half and half
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbl pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Set empty KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Bowl in the freezer. Leave undisturbed for at least 24 hours.
- In a large bowl, whisk heavy cream, half and half, sugar and vanilla extract until sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate this mixture for 1 hour or more (even overnight), stirring occasionally.
- When the ice cream mix is properly chilled, attach freezer bowl to KitchenAid and turn to setting 2.
- Slowly pour the chilled mixture into ice cream freezer bowl.
- Let churn for up to 25 minutes.
- Pour ice cream into airtight container and freeze.
- Leave it in the freezer for several hours.
This recipes makes 8 servings
Approximately 210 calories per serving.