The classic dunking cookie
Lyle’s Golden Syrup is the secret ingredient and this recipe is best when you can get your hands on a can. But in a pinch, you can substitute 2/3 cup light corn syrup and 1/3 cup molasses. It’s not going to be the same, but it is still good. Adapted from the Gingernut Biscuits recipe on Food.com.
200 grams butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup Lyle’s Golden Syrup
360g (3 cups) flour
1 Tbl ground ginger (heaped)
1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream the butter and the sugar. Add the golden syrup and the dry ingredients.
- Roll into little balls, 18 grams each, if you’re measuring.
- Put onto a greased baking tray, pressing the balls down very slightly with a fork.
- Bake at 350° F 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and keep in an airtight container once cold.
Yield: 60 cookies
Approximately 76 calories per ginger nut cookie.