Great way to use frozen kale
Anyone who grows kale in their home garden knows that you have to be ready to process a huge harvest. Freeze some and you’ll have it all winter. This kale soup with cannellini beans will use up some of that frozen kale and satisfy your craving for something warm and hearty this winter. This recipe was adapted from the Vegetarian Tuscan Kale and White Bean Soup recipe on the Whole Foods website.
2 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup diced onion
4 cloves garlic
One quart homemade vegetable broth
4 cups chopped kale
15 oz can diced tomatoes
15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 large sliced carrots
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large saucepan.
- Add onion and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add broth and carrots. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add kale and tomatoes. Cover and cook 5 minutes. (Kale should be tender.)
- Add beans. Heat thoroughly.
Approximately 173 calories per serving of kale soup with cannellini beans.