Mung Bean Sprout Salad
Best served immediately at room temperature
This Asian side salad takes only minutes to prepare. So light and simple, this mung bean sprout salad goes with just about anything. Adapted from the Korean-Style Seasoned Mung Bean Sprouts Salad on the My Korean Kitchen website.
350g fresh mung bean sprouts
1 tsp ground salt
6 cups of water
1 tsp finely chopped scallion
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
1/2 tsp ground salt
1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Rinse the mung bean sprouts in cold water, discard the bad beans if any.
- Bring water and salt to boil.
- Add sprouts and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain and run under cold water until no longer hot, about 1 minute.
- Drain again and squeeze gently to remove excess water.
- Place sprouts in clean, dry bowl.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.
114 calories per serving of Mung Bean Sprout Salad
Learn how to grow your own mung bean sprouts by using a kitchen sprouter.