Adapted from the Seared Tuna Salad with Asian Vinaigrette recipe on the Food Network website.
Seared Tuna Salad with Asian Vinaigrette
2 Tbl rice wine vinegar
1/2 Tbl soy sauce
1/2 Tbl freshly-squeezed lime juice
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbl chopped cilantro
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 pounds Ahi tuna loin, cut in 1/3″ strips
Salt and pepper
1 Tbl dark sesame oil
2 Tbl sesame seeds
120 grams mixed greens
1 scallion, chopped
2 Tbl slivered almonds, toasted
1 navel orange, peeled, section and slices cut in half
1 roasted red bell pepper, cleaned and sliced
2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and sliced
1 avocado, sliced
- Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, mustard and cilantro.
- Pour in the oil and continue to whisk until emulsified.
- Mix greens with most, but not all, of the dressing and serve on individual plates.
- Set on top of greens the sliced avocado, oranges, roasted red peppers and hard-boiled eggs.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper; rub with oil.
- Put sesame seeds on a plate. Press fish slices until lightly coated.
- Heat a dry skillet over high heat.
- Add fish; cook about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Lay tuna strips on top and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately with wasabi.
Approximately 678 calories per serving