Fresh Pear and Peach Crumbles
Sometimes pears and peaches aren’t great. When that happens, I like to use the fruit as an ingredient in a baked dish. This recipe is so quick and easy to prepare, you can make as few or as many as you need. Most noteworthy, you can prepare it ahead of time and pop in in the oven as little as 20 minutes before you’re ready to eat it. This Pear and Peach Crumbles recipe was adapted from SheKnows.com.
40 grams sugar
1 peach, cubed
1 pear, cubed
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
50 grams unsalted butter
50 grams self-raising flour
40 grams sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbl oats
2 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Prepare 2 ramekins by greasing them with butter. Set aside on a baking tray.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, put sugar, fruit, spices and enough water to cover.
- Bring water to a boil and lower heat to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Put butter, flour, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Rub ingredients together with your fingertips to achieve the texture of coarse sand.
- Add oats to mix and stir until completely combined.
- Assemble crumbles by evenly allocating filling into each of ramekin.
- Top with crumble mixture, and finish by sprinkling with brown sugar.
- Bake the crumbles for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with creme fraiche.
This recipe serves 2
Pear and Peach Crumbles are approximately 500 calories per serving.