Hot Red Cherry Peppers, Roasted with Balsamic Vinegar
Roasted Hot Red Cherry Peppers with Balsamic Vinegar
Super on sandwiches or as part of your cheese platter, these roasted red cherry peppers go amazing with cheddar cheese in particular. For nice presentation when bringing to a party or giving as a gift, pack loose in a canning jar and pour juices over top. Finally, when serving, slowly pour peppers onto a flat dish with a lip to contain the juices. This recipe was adapted from Food & Wine.
2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
2 Tbl cider vinegar
2 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1.5 Tbl fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 lb hot red cherry peppers
About 2 Tbl cup water
- First of all, preheat the oven to 425° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk balsamic and cider vinegars, oil, juice and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange peppers in baking dish, then pour dressing on top. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and bake another 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The intensity of the heat from each Roasted Cherry Peppers with Balsamic Vinegar varies greatly. They run from sweet to hot hot hot. Test each new pepper slowly and carefully.