These oven-roasted beets are low calorie, delicious, and simple to prepare.
Oven-Roasted Beets Recipe
3 medium beets
1 Tbl olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Wash, scrub, rinse, and dry beets.
- Coat lightly with oil.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil.
- Place on a baking sheet in the middle of the oven.
- Roast about 1 hour, until cooked through. When pierced with a fork it should not be hard.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, skin will easily peel off. Use peeler if necessary.
- Store in air-tight container for a few days.
Approximately 75 calories per oven-roasted beet.