These baked sweet potato chips are as good, if not better, than anything you can buy. They’re simple to prepare but take a lot of time to cook – two hours. But don’t skimp. They need every minute to develop their flavor and super crispness. Adapted from the Baked Sweet Potato Recipe on the Minimalist Baker website, this recipe uses a bit less olive oil. Also, it’s a much larger portion.
Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
1 enormous sweet potato (approx. 1 lb)
Olive oil spray
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250° F and position oven rack in the center.
- Prepare two large baking sheets by spraying to lightly coat surface (not saturate or drown) with olive oil using or a Misto-type sprayer.
- Scrub, rinse and dry your sweet potatoes. Do not peel.
- Slice them thin with a mandolin.
- Lay out potatoes on prepared baking sheets in a single layer.
- Spray to lightly coat the tops of the potatoes.
- After one hour flip the chips and rotate pans.
- Remove after one more hour, once crisp and golden brown.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Approximately 350 calories per serving of Baked Sweet Potato Chips.
2 thoughts on “Baked Sweet Potato Chips”
I WILL be making these! YUM.
They’re a weekly staple at our house. I will suggest that the baking sheet be dark rather than silver, and don’t use too much oil. Believe it or not, more oil doesn’t make it better. And don’t worry about weighing the potato. Just buy the biggest one they have!