Dutch Baby (German Pancake)
Dutch Baby Recipe
This recipe is so easy to make. Simpler, even, than making fried eggs or an omelet. Place the ingredients in the blender and pour into the pan with melted butter and cook. That’s about it. Adapted from the recipe on NewYorkTimes.com.
3 large eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole milk
1 Tbl sugar
Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
4 Tbl salted butter
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine eggs, flour, milk, sugar, and nutmeg in a blender.
- Place butter in a 10″ cast iron skillet and place in the oven.
- As soon as butter is melted, open the oven, take out the pan, and add batter.
- Return pan to oven immediately and bake for 20 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 300° F and bake five minutes more.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with syrup or preserves.
This Dutch Baby recipe serves 2.
Approximately 492 calories per serving.