Pantry Pizza Sauce
This hearty pizza sauce is made with tomato paste, parmesan cheese, fresh garlic and plenty of Italian-style spices. Honey gives it a hint of sweet, the black, red and cayenne pepper give it a kick. This recipe was adapted from the Exquisite Pizza Sauce recipe on AllRecipes.com.
6 oz tomato paste
6 fl oz warm water (110° F)
3 Tbl grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbl honey
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine tomato paste, garlic, and warm water.
- Stir until combined.
- Add spices and parmesan cheese.
- Add honey, breaking up any clumps of cheese.
- Spread sauce over pizza dough.
This No Cook Pizza Sauce makes enough for about three pies, more or less depending on how thick it is spread.
2 thoughts on “No Cook Pizza Sauce”
The “Method” mentions red pepper flakes, but they aren’t a listed ingredient. How much should one use?
Good catch! I’ve updated the recipe.