Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Peas
This is the only recipe on this whole site that isn’t vegetarian or pescatarian. I call it Mom’s Baked Chicken because—no big surprise—my mom made it frequently when I was growing up. It was one of my favorites and now I occasionally make it for my husband. It’s super simple and can even be baked from frozen.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Sprinkle chicken with Season All on the top and bottom.
- Place chicken in broiler pan.
- Place potatoes, cut side down, around chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add peas.
- Place back in oven and bake another 10 minutes
Cooking from frozen
This recipe is so simple, you can even cook the chicken from frozen. Adjust the oven temperature and cooking time as explained below.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Season both sides of the chicken, as above.
- Place chicken in broiler pan and add potatoes, cut side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, add peas and cook another 10 minutes.
Reheating Mom’s Baked Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cover lightly Mom’s Baked Chicken with aluminum foil.
- Bake 25 minutes.
Mom’s Baked Chicken recipe makes enough for four average-size servings.