This basic hummus recipe goes together quickly and is thick enough to stand up in a sandwich.
Chickpeas, 15.5 oz can, rinsed
2 Tbl water
1 Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl tahini
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Add olive oil, garlic, cumin, and salt. Process until smooth.
- Add half of the chickpeas. Process until smooth.
- Add the rest. Process until smooth.
- With the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
This hummus recipe makes enough for five small sandwiches.
Approximate 121 calories per serving.