A real burger without the beef
Ahi Tuna Steaks typically come frozen. No need to defrost the fish first. Simply chop into small chucks about an hour beforehand and it’ll defrost enough to cook quickly. Based on the Spicy Tuna Burger recipe on the hapanom.com website.
1/2 lb ahi tuna, cut into small chunks
2 scallions, sliced
1 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbl tamari
1.5 tsp rice vinegar
1 Tbl wasabi powder
3/4 cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2 rolls, lightly toasted
1 tsp peanut oil
Combine wasabi, mayo, and lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
Ahi Tuna Burgers
- Cut tuna into small chunks
- Combine tuna, scallions, ginger, tamari, and rice vinegar in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Form two burgers, then brush each burger lightly with peanut oil.
- On a hot grill pan, cook burgers for 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a toasted roll with onion, greens, avocado, and wasabi mayo.
Approximately 156 calories per Ahi Tuna Burger. (Does not include roll or condiments.)