Roasted Broccoli Recipe
We eat a lot of broccoli at our house and this is the simplest and tastiest recipe of all. Blanching the broccoli will help preserve its bright color and crisp texture. Baking brings all the flavors together and adds a bit of caramelization for even more crunch. This Roasted Broccoli recipe is adapted from the Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli recipe on MyRecipes.com.
1/2 lb broccoli florets
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water 1 minute.
- Drain and plunge into ice water. Drain.
- Combine lemon rind, juice, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add broccoli; toss to combine.
- Arrange broccoli in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
This Roasted Broccoli recipe serves two as a side dish.
Approximately 92 calories per serving.