Jasmine Rice Pilaf with Mustard Seed
Jasmine Rice Pilaf with Mustard Seed Recipe
Some meals call for a simple rice dish. This jasmine rice pilaf with mustard seed looks lovely and is a step above plain rice. It goes particularly well with roasted broccoli. This recipe was adapted from the recipe on Epicurious.com.
2 Tbl shallot, sliced thin
1/2 Tbl olive oil
3/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 cup jasmine or long-grain white rice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1/8 cup thinly sliced scallion greens
- Cook shallot in oil over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add mustard seeds and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Stir in rice, salt, and water and bring to a boil.
- Stir rice once and cook, covered, over very low heat 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let pilaf stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Fluff pilaf with a fork and stir in scallions.
This Jasmine Rice Recipe with Mustard Seed serves 2.
Approximately 121 calories per serving