Broiled Bluefish Fillet with Mayonnaise Recipe
While bluefish has a reputation for being fishy-tasting and oily, we love it. According to Seafood watch, it’s also a good choice for the environment, and it’s a good source of Omega-3. However, since there are some concerns about mercury and PCB contamination of bluefish, we try to limit how often we eat it. This broiled bluefish is super simple to prepare, and goes great with roasted broccoli and jasmine rice with mustard seed. This recipe is adapted from the one on the Food Network website.
1/2 lb skinless bluefish fillet
1 large garlic cloves
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbl mayonnaise
1/2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Oil a shallow baking pan.
- Smash garlic with salt in a small bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on top of fillet.
- Broil until just cooked through, about 7 minutes.
This broiled bluefish fillet with mayonnaise recipe serves 2 people.
Approximately 345 calories per serving