Chowder that’s more of a meal
Serve with really good dinner rolls and plenty of salted butter. Adapted from the Coconut Lime Shrimp and Cod Chowder recipe on The Healthie Foodie website.
6.5 oz clams
1/2 lb cod fillet, cut into 1″ cubes
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 Tbl fresh lime juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 small red bell peppers, chopped
1 medium ripe tomato, diced
2 Tbl fish stock or clam juice
2 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbl water
1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
2 Tbl fresh chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the clams, cod fillet, garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper and chili pepper flakes; return to the refrigerator.
- Next, in a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until just translucent and softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and continue cooking for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add fish stock and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the clams and chunks of cod, along with their marinade. Stir.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook 8-10 minutes, until the clams and fish are just opaque throughout and the mixture has released plenty of liquid.
- Dilute cornstarch in water and delicately stir that in the chowder; bring back to a simmer, cook for a full minute.
- Turn off heat.
- Delicately stir in coconut milk and chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
This recipes serves two people.
Approximately 376 calories per serving.
2 thoughts on “Coconut Lime Cod and Clam Chowder”
Where did the shrimp in step 7 come from?
Oops. I occasionally revise this recipe and it looks like I forgot to change shrimp to clams. Thank you for letting me know. Recently I’ve started substituting mussels for the clams. It’s a very versatile recipe.