This tunafish sandwich is next level. The recipe is adapted from the one on the New York Times website.
For the Salsa Verde
1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves, washed and dried
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbl roughly chopped green olives, such as Castelvetrano
2 anchovy fillets, chopped
1/2 Tbl capers
Zest of 1/2 lemon
Pinch of crushed red pepper
For the Sandwich
2 Heidelberg ciabatta rolls, or even better, a baguette
Handful of lettuce leaves or arugula
4 oz best quality oil packed tuna, drained, in chunks
2 hard-boiled eggs
Salt and pepper
1/2 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- Whiz parsley leaves and 1/4 cup oil in a food processor.
- Add garlic, olives, anchovies, capers, lemon zest and red pepper to parsley mixture. Stir well.
- Slice rolls in half.
- Divide the mixture between the two sandwiches, spreading it on the top and bottom.
- Divide tuna between the two rolls.
- Top with lettuce and thickly-sliced egg.
- Add sliced serrano chile.
- Press sandwich closed.
This Ultimate Tunafish Sandwich recipe serves 2.
Approx. 472 calories per serving.
Great served with homemade sweet potato chips.
2 thoughts on “The Ultimate Tunafish Sandwich”
This sounds absolutely delicious!
I’ve stopped making tuna any other way. It is so good.