Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Greens and Eggs
Use kale, bok choy or other hearty greens
Of all the recipes in regular rotation at my house, this one is the quickest to prepare, yet it’s so delicious no one will ever know how little work went into its preparation. Adapted from the Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Eggs and Greens recipe on the Serious Eats website.
4 oz dry rice noodles
2 Tbl canola oil
1/2 lb bok choy, kale or other hearty greens
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp sambal oelek
2-3 tsp light soy sauce
- Cook noodles. Drain, rinse well and set aside.
- Beat eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat 1/2 Tbl oil in wok over high heat until shimmering.
- Add eggs, scrambling until almost cooked through (30 sec). Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Add 1 Tbl oil. Heat until smoking.
- Add greens and stir-fry until just tender, 1-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 Tbl oil. Add scallions and garlic, cook about 30 seconds. Add samba oelek and stir-fry a few seconds.
- Add noodles to wok and stir in soy sauce. Stir-fry until noodles are evenly seasoned.
- To individual bowls, add noodles. Top with bok choy and then the with eggs.
- Serve Stir Fry Noodles with Bok Choy and Eggs immediately, with more chili sauce and soy sauce on the side.
Approximately 431 calories per serving of Stir-Fried Rice Noodles with Greens and Eggs.