Cod with Curry Sauce and Bok Choy
A twist on classic Thai flavors
This is a great way to use up bok choy from the garden. For this recipe you will need a pan and cover that can go from the stovetop to the oven, and a sheet pan that’s been chilled in refrigerator. Adapted from the Cod with Coconut Lime and Lemongrass Curry Sauce recipe on the Epicurious website.
1/2 Tbl butter
1 shallots, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 lemongrass stalk, sliced
1/2-inch knob ginger, sliced
1/2 Tbl lime juice
1/2 Tbl Madras curry
1.5 cups homemade vegetable broth
6 Tbl coconut milk
2 cilantro sprigs
1/2 Tbl fresh lime juice
1 Tbl canola oil
1/2 lb cod fillets
Fine sea salt to taste
Freshly ground white pepper to taste
1/2 lb bok choy, chopped large
1 Tbl butter
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add shallots, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, lime juice and curry.
- Sweat until tender and with no color, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cilantro, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strain through a fine chinois and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbl oil in oven-safe pan over high heat until just smoking.
- Season the cod on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until golden brown and crusted on the bottom, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Turn and sear on the other side for 30 seconds.
- Roast in over 6-7 minutes.
The Bok Choy
- Put sheet pan in refrigerator.
- Sauté bok choy in butter until crisp tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Cool quickly in refrigerator to retain bright green color.
- To serve cod with curry, reheat the sauce and finish with the lime juice.
- In each bowl, place a piece of cod, then bok choy and and top with sauce.
Approximately 405 calories per serving of Cod with Curry Sauce and Bok Choy.