This is the simplest and tastiest stir fry we’ve ever tried. The vegetables come out brightly colored and perfectly cooked, and it’s only 315 calories. Top it all off with the fact that cooking time is less than five minutes! This Asparagus and Mixed Vegetable Stir-Fry recipe is adapted from the one on the Spruce Eats website.
1/2 lb asparagus, cut in 3″ lengths
1 carrot, julienned
4 scallions, in 2” lengths
3 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 red bell pepper, cleaned and sliced into thin strips
2 Tbl canola oil
1 Tbl sherry
For the Stir-fry Sauce
3 Tbl oyster sauce
1 Tbl fish sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp sambal oelek
1 tsp shrimp paste
Drizzle at end
2 tsp sesame oil
- Prep vegetables and place in four bowls.
Bowl 1: asparagus
Bowl 2: carrots and mushrooms
Bowl 3: scallions and bell pepper
Bowl 4: bean sprouts
- Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl and stir.
- Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in wok.
- When the oil is hot, add asparagus and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add sherry, carrots and mushrooms.
- Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add scallions and bell pepper.
- Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add bean sprouts and sauce.
- Stir-fry 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Toss to combine and serve.
This Asparagus with Mixed Vegetable Stir-Fry recipe serves 2.
Approximately 315 calories per serving.
Optional: Try it over noodles! Cook the noodles separately, drain, and toss with vegetables and sauce before serving.