Mustard-glazed salmon and roasted vegetables over red leaf lettuce and red wine vinaigrette.
This recipe is adapted from the one on the New York Times website.
1/2 lb baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 large eggs
1 Tbl red-wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove minced garlic
1 small anchovy fillet, minced
4 oz green beans, trimmed
2/3 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
1/4 cup pitted olives, preferably Niçoise or Kalamata
4 oz center-cut, skin-on salmon fillets or steak
3 oz tender salad greens, like baby red and green leaf lettuce
1 cup mung bean sprouts
Make the Salmon Niçoise Salad dressing
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, the garlic, anchovy, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Slowly whisk in 2 Tbl olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 400° F. and place a rack near the top of the oven.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan.
- Add 1/2 Tbl olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and toss.
- Arrange potatoes cut side down.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the eggs and cook over medium heat for exactly 6 minutes.
- Remove the eggs, and when cool enough to handle, quarter them.
- Add green beans, tomatoes, corn and olives to the sheet pan with the potatoes.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbl olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Toss well.
- Create a space in the center of the pan by moving the vegetables to the sides.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel.
- Place, skin-side down, in the center of the sheet pan.
- Brush fish with remaining 1/2 Tbl olive oil and 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Roast on the top rack in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the broiler to high and broil for 2 to 3 minutes to lightly brown the salmon.
- The salmon should flake easily and be just cooked in the center.
- Gently toss the greens with the dressing in a large bowl.
- Place greens on two plates and top with salmon.
- Arrange the roasted vegetables and eggs around them.
- Sprinkle with salt, top with mung bean sprouts and serve.
This Salmon Niçoise Salad recipe serves 2.
Approximately 559 calories per serving.