Mustard-glazed salmon and roasted vegetables over red leaf lettuce and red wine vinaigrette.
Niçoise salad is typically made with tuna, but this alternate version is even better. It’s one of those rare recipes that is simple to prepare, yet delicious enough to draw “mmmm”s with every mouthful. Prep the Salmon Niçoise Salad ingredients ahead of time–cooking is a breeze. One sheet pan is all you need.
1/2 lb baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large egg
1 Tbl red-wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove minced garlic
1 small anchovy fillet, minced
4 oz green beans, trimmed
2/3 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
1/4 cup pitted olives, preferably Niçoise or Kalamata
4 oz center-cut, skin-on salmon fillets or steak
3 oz tender salad greens, like baby red and green leaf lettuce
1 cup mung bean sprouts
Make the Salmon Niçoise Salad dressing
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, the garlic, anchovy, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Slowly whisk in 2 Tbl olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 400° F. and place a rack near the top of the oven.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan.
- Add 1/2 Tbl olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and toss.
- Arrange potatoes cut side down.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the eggs and cook over medium heat for exactly 6 minutes.
- Remove the eggs, and when cool enough to handle, quarter them.
- Add green beans, tomatoes, corn and olives to the sheet pan with the potatoes.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbl olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Toss well.
- Create a space in the center of the pan by moving the vegetables to the sides.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel.
- Place, skin-side down, in the center of the sheet pan.
- Brush fish with remaining 1/2 Tbl olive oil and 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Roast on the top rack in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the broiler to high and broil for 2 to 3 minutes to lightly brown the salmon.
- The salmon should flake easily and be just cooked in the center.
- Gently toss the greens with the dressing in a large bowl.
- Place greens on two plates and top with salmon.
- Arrange the roasted vegetables and eggs around them.
- Sprinkle with salt, top with mung bean sprouts and serve.
This Salmon Niçoise Salad recipe serves 2.
Approximately 559 calories per serving.