This recipe is adapted from the one on the New York Times website.
1/2 lb baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 large eggs
1 Tbl red-wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove minced garlic
1 small anchovy fillet, minced
4 oz green beans, trimmed
2/3 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
1/4 cup pitted olives, preferably Niçoise or Kalamata
4 oz center-cut, skin-on salmon fillets or steak
3 oz tender salad greens, like baby red and green leaf lettuce
1 cup mung bean sprouts
- Heat the oven to 400° F. and place a rack near the top of the oven.
Make the Salmon Niçoise Salad dressing
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, the garlic, anchovy, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Slowly whisk in 2 Tbl olive oil.
- Set aside.
Boil the Eggs
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the eggs and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes. (If eggs are cold from the fridge, cook an additional minute.)
- Remove eggs, and when cool enough to handle, peel and quarter.
Roast the potatoes
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan.
- Add 1/2 Tbl olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and toss.
- Arrange potatoes cut side down.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
Add veggies and Salmon
- In a large bowl, combine green beans, tomatoes, corn and olives with 1 Tbl olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Toss.
- Spread out on sheetpan with potatoes.
- Create a space in the center by moving vegetables to the sides.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel.
- Place, skin-side down, in the center of the sheet pan.
- Brush fish with remaining 1/2 Tbl olive oil and 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Roast on the top rack in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the broiler to high and broil for 2 to 3 minutes to lightly brown the salmon.
- Gently toss the greens with the dressing in a large bowl.
- Place greens on two plates and top with salmon.
- Arrange the roasted vegetables and eggs around them.
- Sprinkle with salt, top with mung bean sprouts and serve.
This Salmon Niçoise Salad recipe serves 2.
Approximately 559 calories per serving.